DESIGNA Access Corporation is the North American subsidiary of a large European Group that develops, manufactures, and installs fully automated parking access and revenue control system solutions. DESIGNA USA goes to market through both direct sales and distribution channels, and provides design, turn-key system implementation, training, and ongoing support services to our car park management clients.
As part of our ongoing expansion and commitment to the US market place, DESIGNA is seeking to hire a Bi-lingual Technical Writer/Editor with strong demonstrated language skills both verbal and written in English and German; to assist us with the extensive documentation requirements for our product line; working from our US headquarters in Westmont, IL.
Director of Technology, DESIGNA Access Corporation
You will be working on writing translating and/or edits on technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, notes, new feature write-ups, system command documentation, report documentation, and technical bulletins. Collection of subject knowledge will be from both current German and English documents and interviewing product specialists, observing performance of equipment, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, and engineering illustrations.
• Compile and catalog all current documentation
• Prepare a priority action plan to cover the entire documentation scope
• Work with the Technical Director to identify immediate documentation needs
• Translate and modify existing documentation for US market
• Collaborate with Technical team to design, build and maintain the content management platform
• Fluent German /English language skills
• Superior knowledge of MS Word particularly relating to formatting of documents
• Sharp proofreading skills and acute attention to detail
• Knowledge of technical language, concepts, practices, and procedures
• Good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Visio
• Familiarity with Knowledge base and documentation/content platforms or such as Jira/Confluence
• Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
• Bachelor's Degree in a related course of study
• Minimum of 2 years in Technical writing
• Previous Parking Industry experience highly desirable
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits and 401K.
If this sounds like an environment you'd like to work within, having a supportive team behind you, please send us your CV via web or e-mail: email@example.com.
© 2009 DESIGNA Verkehrsleittechnik GmbH